Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Embossed Backgrounds!

 I've always had such a problem picking background paper for cards so I decided I'd try something new. I got the idea from pinterest, not sure the owner. However its simple enough it could have been anyones idea. I cut the cupcake from create a critter at 3 inches and glossy accented the cherry and eyes. I cut a regular A2 card out of kraft card stock and then the white piece at 4x5 1/4. I stamped out my sentiment first and it says "you deserve a day sprinkled with fun!" Then I chose an embossing folder and ran it through my big kick! Tied some bakers twine and popped the image up on dimensions and called it finished! 
 This is yet again, create a critter bird cut at 3 inches. Everything is the same as the last card just with minor changes.  I wanted a way to make cards fast and easy because you can never have to many. Aside from the cutting it only took me about 5 minutes to complete! I'd say thats a success! The stamp says "its your day" and is just from the $1.50 bin at Michaels! :)

To finish off all of my cards from now on I will be adding this cute little stamp of a hand that says "handmade by" and of course, filling my name in. I got this stamp so long ago from the $1.50 bin at Michaels and I finally have got around to using it. What a great buy for $1.50!  I'm very happy! 

3 comments:

  1. i really like the embossed backgrounds. they add oomph to the design without the need for colour or anything like that. you should check out a former classmate i went to school with, who turned her love of design and scap booking, into a business! http://www.palettera.ca/locale.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will totally check it out! :) and thank you. I really like this too, especially in the case with the bird card. It's just the right amount of detail to me.

      Delete
    2. totally agree about the bird card. the bird is mostly pink and while the embossed background is "busy", it really adds to the bird and makes it "pop". great job :)

      Delete