Saturday, June 15, 2013

Teddy Bear Graduation Rosette

Please pardon the Instagram photo. My sister took the picture on her iPhone, but this is a ribbon I made for her for graduating college. What I did was scored a sheet of paper cut at 6x12 scoring at ever 1/4 inch. Then I cut the 6x12 piece of paper into 3x12. After this you follow the same steps you normally would of folding but I glued them together making a circle. Again, following the same steps you normally would making a paper rosette. Its important to add the extra piece of paper because other wise the it will rip. I finished the rosette and added the botton "ribbons" with are from 8.5/11 card stock cut to three inches wide and decorated the bottoms. Finally in the centre I added the graduation bear from the cricut cartridge "Teddy Bear Parade" I glossy accented the nose and eyes, and added a little bit of glitter. I drew in some details with black and white gel pens and glued on a wood vener of an A+ as the finishing touch. I'm happy with how it turned out but next time I think I would do something different from the "ribbons" hanging down. Unfortunately I didn't have any ribbon the appropriate size. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment